What We Do
As Canada's largest trade and industry association, CME focuses on the issues that are most critical to our members – manufacturing competitiveness, US business, international markets, people and skills, energy, and the environment. Your challenges are our priorities. We strive to improve your business conditions through three priority focuses, helping you:
By leveraging the strengths of the country's most extensive industrial network, CME provides members the opportunities they need to save – on expenses, on materials, and time.
- Tailored exclusively to the needs of our members, CME's Industry Benefits Program delivers more than $60,000 in discount savings and instant value on the services and products you use most.
- Ranked one of the top five most influential lobby groups in Canada, CME has a 140-plus-year history of advocating for policies and taxation frameworks that improve the bottom line of our member companies.
- CME's extensive offering of educational programs and events – such as our various LEAN consortiums – offers our members the tools they need to boost efficiencies.
Plain and simple: We help you make money. With more than 10,000 members and strategic partners in every sector of the economy, CME provides unprecedented access to business opportunities both here at home and abroad.
- CME was recently named the Canadian designate to the Enterprise Europe Network, which links companies to new market opportunities, new technologies and new sources of funding in more than 50 countries.
- CME trade missions and events offer members direct access to the key contacts and executives who facilitate hundreds of billions of dollars in business around the world each year.
- Our insight is relied upon by all levels of government to help shape business policy, providing you reciprocal acccess to markets and reduced barriers to trade.
Global reach, local focus – that's our creed. We connect members with the information, networking opportunities, education, and advocacy channels they need to be successful in the highly competitive international marketplace.
- With offices in every province, as well as additional representatives in the United States, Latin America, Europe and Asia, CME has its finger on the pulse of industry like no other association in Canada – and so do our members, through newsletters, briefings, and our award-winning 20/20 magazine.
- CME hosts more than 700 virtual and in-person events across the country each year, focusing on the issues that matter most to manufacturers and exporters.
- We are your voice with government, bringing together more than 50 other industry associations through the Canadian Manufacturing Coalition, to connect our members with the influencers and decision-makers at the municipal, provincial and federal tables.
Feedback on Nova Scotia’s Cap and Trade Design Options paper
On March 8, 2017, the Nova Scotia Department of Environment released a discussion paper outlining high-level design options for Nova Scotia's cap and ...
April 10, 2017
NS Division of Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters Applauds Governments for Practical Approach to Climate Change
CME Vice President Mitch Raymond said the agreement reached yesterday meets the business group's main concern - Nova Scotians will not be paying once ...
November 22, 2016